About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sewing with an IMPROV Group and a Book

I loved sewing with the ZAKKA book and sew along, most of it was relaxing and rewarding and gave me handmade gifts for xmas. Well here is another chance for us all, and with a very creative fun group, check out the guidelines and join the fun and BE INSPIRED !! oR Dont join, just check it out as they post, but if you join there are prizes. 

merrily we sew along


. Rachael, Kelley, Debra, and Nicole will choose one improv sewing project every month-ish, and we'll each share our version of the project
. for each project, we'll invite a guest to sew along and post with us
. the schedule, not unlike the sewing, will be improv-inspired (hense the -ish)... so just keep an eye out for the next project in the series
. we want you to channel the improv too! of course, we highly recommend getting your own (reasonably priced on amazon) copy of improv sewing, but you're welcome to sew along with or without. we won't be doing full tutorials, but you'll generally be able to get the idea of the project with or without
. join the merrily we sew along flickr group so that you can share your creations with us
. when we announce the monthly-ish project, we'll also announce the "due date" for you to upload your projects... because by uploading pics of your project to the flickr group, you'll be entered to win that month's prize!

see you tomorrow with the first merrily we sew along project!

And I QUOTE RACHEAL from imagine gnates who is very good with a needle..
here's your chance to...
get inspired...
stitch some lovely, modern basics...
dream up your own embellishments...
unleash your creative potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment