About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Friday, November 9, 2012

MY WIP WED AND INFO FOR YOU

Competition from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics
 Who wins and how!! Rita from Red Pepper Quilts, Faith from Fresh Lemons Quilts and Randi freshsqueezedfabrics.com will each choose their favourite bundles based on the bundle itself and the name. From these 3 finalists, Alyce From Blossomheartquilts will choose her ultimate favourite and this person will win a fat quarter bundle of their fabric selection! The 2 runner ups will win a fat eighth bundle of their fabric selection! Winners will be announced here Saturday November 10th. WISH ME LUCK !
THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME...... I MADE THIS BUNDLE IN BIGHUGELABS AND ADDED IT TO FLICKER.. 
I NAMED IT..FOR MY MAN. 

I want to make this Quilt, I love the neutrals paired with the Bold color and it looks like the next step for me to step out of my beginner stage. Dont call me Betsy Says she is going to walk us through the steps next of her own pattern and the stars promise to be easy, I am not so keen on making stars. She is even going to help me with color selection. I have several bundles but need help with solids and I want to try the MM Couture Solids, She says they are really soft. Also, there is going to be a sponsor with a discount to help buy what I need. Whoot ! Jump over to her Blog and see how Talented she is and she has had quite a few Big finishes. 

Sea of Stars pattern - available here, with quilt-along kicking off November 19th

Seasonal Sew Along Prizes, Fun and Cute Free Christmas Patterns ! At Craftsy made by Alyce is where you can get the Pattern for Ornamental.. So Cute and I have been having fun making these, Right now I am doing a Table Runner but I am going to start a small Christmas quilt too or Tree skirt. 
Sew Seasonal Blog Hop

Also but not least but all that I will download to your brain today is. STITCHED IN COLOR VALUE ADDED QUILT I love this lesson of value and really want to get this cut tonight on my new Cutting area. I dont have all my computer set up, cords, lights up, shelving in my new Studio but, I can still make UFO's.. 
Value Added

I Hopefully will have some Big Finishes Next week, all my lights working, A place to photograph,my machine and iron position I can Share more and Blog Big Time.. Decorating my new room will Be F U N... 

Check ya later ! Happy stitching.. I hear jingle Bells.. 




2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks fabulous!!

    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show us some pictures of you sewing room! I want to see want you did for picture taking.

    ReplyDelete