About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Friday, November 30, 2012

TRAVELIN PIC HOP ENGLISH PAPER PIECING

TRAVELIN PIC HOP, QUOKKA QUILTS LINK
 USE THE LINK TO READ ABOUT THE HOP AND PLEASE READ SOME OF THE BLOGS, THEY ARE FUNNY, EXCITING,LOTS OF PICTURES AND TIPS ON EPP. I USED THE VIDEO FROM STITCHED IN COLOR.

Rule #1 Take a photo to start with. Somewhere great.
TOOL /MAIL BOX MY SON PAINTED, IT SITS BY THE SHED AND HOLDS MY TOOLS


Rule #2 Create a palette from the colours in the photo. (You can do this by eye or you can use something like Degrave's Color Palette Generator or http://www.play-crafts.com/blog/palette-builder/




The colors I chose were Kona Modern


Keep Reading, Luck would have it...
 
Then, I Won these from 
Fresh Squeezed fabrics !, HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST  FROM RANDI AT FSF'S
....Hi, Friends!
How about a little stack of Fresh-Squeezed Sunshine?
To win this fat 1/8 bundle, simply leave a comment in this post.  The winner will be announced tomorrow morning.
Feel free to "like" my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, or sign up for my newletter (it's low-volume).
This bundle is available in my shop.
Have a great Tuesday!
 ***Thank you, Shirley, for naming today's bundle! (THIS IS NOT A CURRENT GIVEAWAY FOR THIS POST TODAY, THIS IS JUST SHOWING YOU MY NAME IN PRINT, I NAMED THIS BUNDLE ON FRESH SQUEEZED FABRICS. I WAS SO EXCITED I NAMED A BUNDLE) 

I WAS SO DRAWN TO THESE FABRIC COLORS. I HAVE NEVER EPP BEFORE. I FOLLOWED AND READ ALL THE BLOG HOP POSTINGS LISTED ON QUOKKA QUILTS AND FOLLOWED THE TRAVELS AND IT WAS FABULOUS!! I LOVED, LOVED IT....... 



Then I was inspired by the Colors, picture, blogs ! IT HIT ME HARD !!!  THE 2 yr ANNIVERSARY OF THE DEATH OF MY BEST FRIEND AND SISTER N LAW FOR 25 YEARS PASSED AWAY FROM CERVICAL CANCER! THIS IS A PICTURE OF ME AND MY NIECES THE LAST TIME I SAW HER, I HAD GONE TO OMAHA, NEBRASKA TO SAY GOODBYE. THE GIRLS HAD AN IDEA TO MAKE THESE SHIRTS AND TAKE A PHOTO. 
I was MISSing HER, I LOVE HER.. THE PHOTO, THE COLORS ALL WOULD MAKE HER HAPPY, SHE LOVED SUNFLOWERS. SHE DIDNT DWELL ON THE PAST AND NEITHER WILL I, SHE ALWAYS SAID "oH well ! Can't change it, Lets do my nails !"
 I have been inspired to make this quilt using these English Paper Piecing Sunflowers I have been sewing on. I will make a Quilt.  
She loved pink

This is her with her daughter Samantha ( Bammer) 

Now click on the button on my side bar and you be inspired by EPP and what these bloggers have done with this wonderful Hop ! 
I will keep Stitching and would love to know if you were inspired, there is also a flicker group of lovely EPP blocks and finished pieces. http://www.flickr.com/groups/2065925@N24/




8 comments:

  1. Your flowers look so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mina, thats what I thought and how they make me feel.. Fabric does that, it colors our thoughts..

      Delete
  2. IT'S A STRANGE THING HOW OUR SUB-CONCIOUS KEEPS RECORDS OF EMOTIONAL THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED IN OUR LIVES AND THEN BRINGS IT TO OUR ATTENTION ON AN ANNIVERSARY DATE. MY DAD PASSED 5 YEARS AGO AND I STILL SOMETIMES HAVE A CRYING SPELL FOR NO APPARENT REASON. THEN I'LL REALIZE THE DAY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIM. YOU AND YOUR SISTER IN LAW HAD A SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP, NOT MANY IN LAWS CAN SAY THEY WERE BEST FRIENDS. I'VE DECIDED YOUR A LUCKY PERSON-NOT ONLY IN WINNING STUFF! YOU GO GIRL! BUT ALSO IN HAVING HAD A FRIEND LIKE THAT. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND GO GET YOUR NAILS DONE TODAY IN HER HONOR. LUV YA MY TEXAS BLOG BUD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so right Vickie, my TX friend, I think I will have my nails done after I finish with my pansies ! I havent won anything lately, but on Sept 6th they are doing voting , give me a Vote..

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful post! The fabric you won is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy for stopping by and the sweet comment. I miss her and new friendships is heart warming especially during the holidays.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hop. That's a beautiful tribute to your friend, and your son is so talented! (takes after his mom clearly). Love your blocks and fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate your kindness and will forsure let my son know. Yes he has a talent and a heart.. I have a new piece in my studio he did but I am not ready or organized yet to show it, I am still decorating and with the holidays ,, well lets just say maybe late January.. LOL Merry Christmas

      Delete