About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Friday, February 21, 2014

SIMPLESEW LINKING UP WITH A STITCH IN TIME

February Finishes

I FINALLY COMPLETED A MINI WALL QUILT FOR MY DIL, ITS A PICTURE OF HER PREGNANT IN HER COWGIRL BOOTS, I STAMPED LIBERTY'S NAME ON IT, WHICH IS THE BABIES NAME. I CROSS STITCHED A LITTLE HEART, QUILTED THE BACK FIRST AND MADE LITTLE TRIANGLE POCKETS ON THE BACK TO INSERT A STICK IN IT FOR HANGING. I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY CARRIE PAYNES BELIEVEMAGIC HERE IS A LINK TO HER GALLERY PAGE FROM ONE OF HER SHOWS. THE FABRIC FOR THE BODY MADE ITS ON FACE DESIGN, IT WAS STRANGE, NEXT TIME I WILL PAY CLOSER ATTENTION. I LOVE THIS RED BRICK FABRIC, IT SYMBOLIZES A LOVE STORY TO MY SON AND HIS WIFE. THEY WROTE THEIR NAMES ON A BRICK WALL WHEN THEY BECAME ENGAGED. I AM GOING TO POST ON FLICKER NOW.

THEN STITCHED UP THIS PILLOW FOR MY OTHER DIL BIRTHDAY PRESENT, A LITTLE FMQ PRACTICE IN THERE. I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. 

I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR QUITE A FEW QALS AND BOM CHECK OUT MY SIDE BAR AND SHE WANT YOU CAN LINK UP TO FOR PRIZES. 
THAT MAKES IT FUN. 

Thank you to The Fat Quarter Shop for sponsoring our giveaway!
SEE  SUCH A SEW AND SEW FOR DETAILS. 



8 comments:

  1. That's a fun mini-quilt for your DIL. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to use that brick wall fabric ;) It looks great, you are so busy with the wedding quilts and everything, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on Fire as they say.. feeling good today...... I hope it continues.

      Delete
  3. visiting from a stitch in time. Very cool presents, she must be thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I am honored by your visit........ keep creative everyday for mind and body..

      Delete
  5. Love that cute little wall hanging for your DIL and the pillow is really fun too. Your FMQ looks great! Congrats on two awesome finishes and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete