About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Thursday, August 9, 2012

HOOooooo! Merry Christmas from Gandma


 Every year for the last 4 yrs I have an annual Cookie party for my gandkids and friends, we decorate lots of cookies any way you chose. I usually make a gift, like the chef hats you see here on 2 of my gandkids, I made aprons in the past we have decorated. This year I am going to use the Zakka Cookie sack and personalize each bag. I thought it would be a sweet  idea. I skipped making the felt cookies , because I always have tons of cookies at my house, because my husband works for a cookie company. I used tea towel fabric today, but I will make some colorful ones for the party and get fancy !  It will be a great party favor .

4 comments:

  1. oh I like your 'cookie' patch! Great little party favor idea. And hubby works for a cookie company - how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat - I think the red stitching on white is very Zakka - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I need to get motivated and make about 10 more
      for the party..

      Delete
  3. How cute! Cute chef hats too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete