About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Monday, May 27, 2013

HAVE YOU EVER MADE A NEW BEST FRIEND THROUGH BLOGGING??????

Back in September I met a fellow Texas Blogging Buddy online, we shared common interests about blogging and we did my 1 year anniversary together! We chatted on the phone too. After she made this quilt Butter and Marmalade, I knew I had to meet her. I didnt know tradition quilting blocks and love the dresden plate and asked if she would teacher me how to make this one day. She invited me to her home. I had learned enough about her through her blog that I knew she wasnt a serial killer. I drove to her house and we instantly hit it off and had a wonderful time, laughing, talking, sharing, and the site of her property...........OH, the Ranch is beautiful. Her Quilts are lovely. I felt very welcomed by all the 4 legged Ranch patrol too. 
Vickie has entered her Quilt in the Quilt Festival  SHE IS NO 11.... PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS AND SHE HAS GIVEN YOU THE TUTORIAL ALSO. I am also sharing some pictures of my trip..


LINK CLICK HERE TO VOTEAmysCreativeSide.com
More Stars in Comanche
MORE STARS IN COMANCHE




ISNT IT BEAUTIFUL
 BUTTER AND MARMALADE QUILT BY VICKIE




I AM USING 
BONNIE AND CAMILLE VINTAGE MODERN 



 CHAIN PIECING


 BELLA SOLID TURQUOISE











Me and Vickie will see each other Again !!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Votei em 11 de sua amiga (nossa).amo as placas.beijo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome that you got to meet in person! I haven't met anyone, yet that are fellow bloggers. Except how I found my friend who is over the quilt group I belong to is a blogger. I met her through her blog. Great pictures. The Dresden Plate is one of my next projects on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its wonderful to meet and see ! Vickie has a tutorial up on how she made these. its easy.

      Delete
  3. Wowzers ! You got some great pictures ! But, you were supposed to fix those wrinkles ! LOL Thank you for the voting help, You're the best !

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you met in real life, looks as though you had a wonderful time, and the ranch photos are beautiful! I love Vickies quilt and its great to see you're making one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so neat, and your dresden plates are beautiful! I also met a blog friend - DeeDee from DeeDee's Craft Spot. We have become really good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait - does that mean your ditching us old "best friends"? the quilt is beautiful! love, de

    ReplyDelete