About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Art Quilt is about ready

 My first post in a long time.. I have been sewing just alot slower.....My mom got me this Gorgeous fabric from Hawaii........ Here are some Pictures she took of the Shop..





Here is my work in progress. I am looking for a quilter.







my inspiration

The end is Epp, yet to be photographed... 

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun quilt!! What do you want to see quilted on this? Gold metallic thread showing the looping flight paths of the butterflies? Thread-painted flowers for the butterflies to feed from? Are the butterflies three dimensional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made such a beautiful quilt! I love those fabrics you have chosen! I also loved your photos of the quilt shop, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shows such vibrant colors and looks like a magical fairytale! It makes me think of all the great adventures you take your grandkids on. You are a true artist and this quilt shows off a magnificent insight to your creative thinking! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the butterflies, even the pins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colors. And I love how the butterflies really make this quilt 3-dimensional!

    ReplyDelete