About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

PEGUIN AND FISH SAMPLE TESTER I AM

You  Have to Read This twist of events !!

EARLIER THIS MONTH, I ANSWERED A BLOG REQUEST BY PENGUIN & fISH FOR SAMPLE TESTERS, and WAS ACCEPTED. SO TO MY SURPRISE I RECIEVED A SET OF 8 EMBROIDERY KITS TO STITCH UP BY MARCH 29TH. IT FELT GREAT HAND STITCHING AGAIN. I HAVE BEEN FOCUSING ON LEARNING TO QUILT,  SETTING ASIDE MY PASSION OF CROSS STITCHING AND EMBROIDERING. HERE ARE MY COMPLETED KITS, SORRY ABOUT THE ELEPHANT BEING PHOTOGRAPHED BACKWARDS. SOMETHING I DIDNT NOTICE UNTIL IT WAS TO LATE. 








I HAVE LISTED  ALL THE SITES YOU CAN VISIT FOR PENGUIN AND FISH, THEY HAVE A NEW BOOK COMING OUT IN MAY, CONGRATS ALYSSA! YOU CAN POP ON OVER TO  AND SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER FOR A FREE PATTERN. TO  I WAS REWARDED WITH SOME BEAUTIFUL ORGANIC FABRIC & A PROMISE OF THE NEW BOOK.


Il_fullxfull.379478653_f5eg_original_original 
ANOTHER FUNNY THING HAPPENED,  I HAD BEEN TO SPOONFLOWER ONLINE,  I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS FABRIC, NOW I SWEAR TO YOU, I HAD BOUGHT THIS BEFORE KNOWING ABOUT P&F, I COLLECT SEA CREATURES ..LOOK AT THIS   PRECIOUS PRINT.  ( THIS IS A TRUE STATEMENT)


ALSO,  NO JOKING, ***I WENT INTO MY LOCAL QUILT STORE CABBAGE ROSE TO BUY SOME BACKING FABRIC FOR A QUILT AND BOUGHT THIS FABRIC. DID NOT I SWEAR,,, DID not KNOW THIS WAS p&j, Alyssa Thomas line, its so lushy sweet green, like a juicy apple green . 

Safari Sweet Organic - Y0775-19

Is this strange or what?????? We were ment to be !! 
Penguin & Fish
Alyssa Thomas
Penguin & Fish, LLC
Lovely, quirky plush and embroideries.
Author: Sew & Stitch Embroidery http://amzn.to/XrUnff


I wasnt paid for this blog post, I was rewarded for stitching, but to me the storey has a twist of events..
Now a love note, my safari with my Gandkids at Fossil Rim.... Didnt know I was going to do this either, something my husband had been talking about for years.........OH MY, I LOVE FABRIC EVEN MORE NOW..if that could be!!! I will have to add Safari Animals to my list of interest. Now if you want to stop reading thats ok, but I had to add some really cute pics of my trip to Fossil Rim Safari. Have you ever fed a giraffe? They are so gentle and soft!











3 comments:

  1. That deal just fell in your lap you lucky girl ! Everything just came together and went right along with what your honey had planned. I bet those cutie patootie grand-babies had ALMOST as much fun as their Grandparents !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had a blast, but I dont know if they had as much fun as I did.. We could all pack up and come see you too !! All 5 gkids and me !! I guarantee we wouldnt get any sewing done, nor would the Ranch ever be the same..LOL.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!!! Congrats!!! Sounds like so much fun!!!! I did get the embroidery patterns!!! Thanks they will be fun!!! I have two grands and one on the way!!!! Looks like a wonderful memory for all!!!! Keep having fun!!!! I love all of the fabric!!!!

    ReplyDelete