About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Monday, November 12, 2012

Merrily Sew Along Table Runner and Lets Get Aquainted

Merrily we sew along
I love Sewing Improv !The hosts for this fun and improvisational journey will be Rachael of imagine gnats  and Kelley of casa crafty... and they are pleased as punch to be joined by Debra and Nicole, the authors of improv sewing: 101 fast, fun, and fearless projects and the Improv Diary blog.

 Rachael, Kelley, Debra, and Nicole will choose one improv sewing project every month-ish, and will each share their version of the project. for each project, a guest to sew along and post with us. the schedule, not unlike the sewing, will be improv-inspired (hense the -ish)... so just keep an eye out for the next project in the series. They want you to channel the improv too! of course,They highly recommend getting your own (reasonably priced on amazon) copy of improv sewing, but you're welcome to sew along with or without. we won't be doing full tutorials, but you'll generally be able to get the idea of the project with or without. join the merrily we sew along flickr group so that you can share your creations with us. when they announce the monthly-ish project, they will also announce the "due date" for you to upload your projects... because by uploading pics of your project to the flickr group, you'll be entered to win that month's prize!


FLICKER GROUP ROUND 1
YOU CAN USE THE MERRILY WE SEW ALONG SAILBOAT BUTTON ON THE SIDE BAR AND SEW WITH US.. ITS A MERRILY GOOD TIME AND CUTE IMPROV SEWING. GO AT YOUR PACE OR SEW TO WIN ! 


IMPROVE TABLE RUNNER
FOR THE FIRST PROJECT IT WAS PLACEMATS PG 116. I CHOSE TO MAKE A TABLE  RUNNER FOR THE BAR IN MY KITCHEN EVERYONE SITS AT. I USED ESSEX LINEN AND JUST PLAYED WITH STITCHING. LEAVING ON THE SELVAGES. SNIPING THE SIDES 1/4 INCH AND WASHING TO GET THE FRAYED LOOK. 
ALSO::::::: I AM  linking up with PLUM AND JUNE LETS GET AQUAINTED ***********Plum and June





2 comments:

  1. so fun, Shirley! thanks for sewing along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach, Its a Cool Hip Book, I am looking for enough Jersey to make one of those Dresses into a size 16... so beware, there will be ????

      Delete