About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SCRAPPY STASH WONKY LOG CABIN QUILT

ELLISON LANE . Here's the tutorial for the Monochromatic LOG CABIN QUILT
My Quilt Finished at 46x83 perfect for Just a Swinging !!! You wil see..



JUST A SWINGING
Ellison Lane Quilts



USED TY PENNINGTON FABICS WHICH I LOVE THEY REMIND ME OF THE 70'S WHEN  I GREW UP ON THE BEACH !
34 SQUARES 

I HAD TO DO SOME SIMPLE QUILTING LINES,  I WAS UNABLE TO SCHEDULE WITH THE LONGARM, BUT THATS OK, MY SON'S COMPLETED MY NEW STUDIO JUST IN TIME. 

ME AND MY GRANDBABIES SWING OFTEN AND THIS WILL KEEP OUR LAPS WARM . QUILT NAME JUST A SWINGING

SQ START OUT AT 8.5 BUT I ADDED OTHER SIZES

ITS WONKY ITS FUN, ITS ME

hangers for appliques
maureen cracknell link quilt as you go tutorial !! SHE SHARED THIS TUTORIAL FOR ANYONE THAT WANTED TO USE THIS FOR QAYG. 



I WAS REALLY MOTIVATED TO COMPLETE THIS QUILT IN A TIMELY MATTER BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS,ALSO 2 OF MY FAVORTIE FELLOW BLOGGERS WERE SHARING GREAT TUTORIALS AND FABULOUS PRIZES. CHECK OUT THE FLICKER GROUP AND SEE THE MOST AWESOME COLORED QUILTS. GORGEOUS FUN !!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely as is your header! Love your shed. Enjoy the linky party : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so pretty! Congrats on such a wonderful quilt finish Shirley!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKE IT ! I like it so much, I think I'll make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! So glad you participated and am sure you will enjoy lots of time snuggling under your pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt, I love those colors.
    ps I love your shed too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt. I love the blues and orange. I also love your header the robin your son did. I have a shed that could use a great paint job like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you're going to share this quilt with your grandbabies! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of complementary colors! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with this quilt! The colors are absolutely gorgeous together. It kind of reminds me of looking at a koi pond!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm visiting the others who've linked up for the scrappy qal. I love your blog!
    Terrific quilt, love the colors. It was a fun qal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such bright, pretty colors! Congrats on a great finish! Thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete