About my header

My shed is my header by my son Darrell, He painted the Robin for me and said that it reminded him of me. Because Robins use other birds nest and if there is an egg in it, they will take care of it just like its their own. He said thats what I do, I have always taken care of others in need of a home when I come across someone in need. Isnt that Sweet, I had told him I wanted a bird and this is the one he chose. Robins have solid blue eggs which are the symbols for him and his brothers and the speckled egg are the others I have taken into my home. It was very touching to me because he researched his piece, He is a true artist and has lots of great jobs. my neighbor had hers done to

Thursday, May 22, 2014

SIMPLESEW ON SHOW OFF SATURDAY

SEWCANSHE
 I finally made myself a table runner and I love it. I originally spoke about it April 27th but I dont think I said enough. These are 2inch Hexies and randomly picked up and stitched together.  This is Stitching fun,  I did to relax or take with me. I have a few hexies like the little Hello Kitty one that I selected to remind me this is a scrappy piece I love. Like Patchwork, there are a few more in there too. I put 3 decorative stitches from my machine for quilting . I used essex linen for the backing and binding.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND VISIT SHOW OFF SATURDAY I AM NUMBER 14, IF I GET ENOUGH CLICkS (votes)  THEN I WILL BE  spotlighted there next Friday. 





I found it show enjoyable I kept making it longer. 

Love, Shirley at SimpleSew

Patchouli Moon Studio's Weekend Link Party

2 comments:

  1. Shirley I clicked on your Hexie table runner at Show Off Saturday. Good luck, your runner is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Runner, I am making some 1" hexies at the moment. I like the random look too. I clicked on your table runner.

    ReplyDelete